Procedures and policies regarding student attendance
SUBMIT AN ABSENCE
IS YOUR CHILD GOING HOME A DIFFERENT WAY?
Absences and late arrivals must be reported to the office by 9:00 a.m. as classes start promptly at 9:15 a.m. Please report your absence via one of the following methods:
Our online attendance form (preferred method)
Email Rose Hill
Be specific about the reason why your child will not be attending school today
Please indicate whether your child has any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling feverish or chills
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4 F
- Headache (not due to another health condition, hunger, menstrual cramps stress, or injury)
- A new cough (not due to another health condition)
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties (not due to diagnosed respiratory condition or if different than normal pattern of chronic condition)
- A new sore throat (not due to another health condition)
- Congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies or health condition)
- Fatigue (more tired than normal or sudden onset)
- New muscle pain (not due to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity such as physical exercise))
- New loss of taste, smell, or appetite
- Abdominal pain (not due to hunger, constipation, injury, or stress)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
FCPS staff will be responsible for contacting those parents/guardians who have not provided information as to why their student is absent. FCPS staff will also provide the school health team with information regarding any student that has remained home due to the above COVID like illness symptoms.
Picking-Up a Child Early
If you know you'll need to pick up your child prior to the day of, please fill out the form early. If you put in the request the same day you need to pick your child up early you MUST fill out the form by 3:30 pm that day.
If a student must leave unexpectedly, alert the office at least one hour ahead of time by calling 703-313-4200.
When students check out early from school, the office will call down to the classroom once parents arrive. Parents are to wait in the office and teachers will send students to the office.
- When it is necessary for a student to leave school a different route than what is his/her regular routine, parents should fill out the Dismissal Change Form or send an email to Rose Hill designating the dismissal change for that particular day. If a student is going home with another student, both families need to confirm the dismissal change before a student will be released to go home with another family/student.
- Notification for a dismissal changes should occur no later than 3:30 p.m. the day of the dismissal change.