English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
ESOL services prepare students to be college and career ready by developing proficiency in the English language. ESOL services help students achieve academic success, develop critical thinking skills, and solve problems. More specifically, ESOL services:
- Develop English learners’ language proficiency and communication skills.
- Create rigorous content-based curricula and resources to foster English learners’ collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Support English learners’ access to advanced academics or appropriate special services.
- Provide learning environments that build on students’ diverse academic, linguistic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Promote active participation of English learners and their families in the school community.