English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
ESOL services prepare students to be college and career ready by developing proficiency in the English language. ESOL services help students achieve academic success, develop critical thinking skills, and solve problems. More specifically, ESOL services:
- Develop English learners’ language proficiency and communication skills.
- Create rigorous content-based curricula and resources to foster English learners’ collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Support English learners’ access to advanced academics or appropriate special services.
- Provide learning environments that build on students’ diverse academic, linguistic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Promote active participation of English learners and their families in the school community.
Mrs. Capozzoli is from Richmond, Virginia. She attended James Madison University where she earned a Bachelors Degree in History. After graduating, Mrs. Capozzoli went on to attend George Mason University where she earned a Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education with a focus on English for Speakers of Other Languages. She has just completed her 11th year teaching in Fairfax County. When Mrs. Capozzoli is not teaching she enjoys traveling and spending time with her husband Josh and her children Mia and Leo.
Mrs. Taylor grew up in Springfield, VA and is a graduate of Fairfax County Schools. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree and a Masters in Education from the University of Virginia. This is her 13th year teaching for Fairfax County. In her spare time, Mrs. Taylor likes to spend time with her family having fun (traveling, skiing, bike riding, sailing, etc.).