Return to School
We are so excited to welcome our Rose Hill Rockets back to school on September 8th. This year is going to look a little different. Our 2020-2021 Return to School page is where RHES will post updates, reminders, and frequently asked questions regarding the start of the 2020-21 school year.
We know how crucial the parent-teacher relationship is – now more than ever before. Should you ever have a question or concern, please reach out to your child’s teacher via email or call the main office and we will have the teacher reach out to you. Teachers have built in virtual meeting times at the end of each day Tuesday-Friday to meet with you and in addition that is when they can return phone calls. We also know that due to our current telework status, it is very easy to work non-stop. We are asking our staff to ensure that they find time to recharge in the evenings and on the weekends so that they can be fully present and their best selves for your students during the school day. This means that they may be stepping away from their FCPS email in the evenings and on the weekends.
We appreciate your patience and all the support and positive comments you have shared with us. Please know how much we value your partnership.
Rose Hill Admin Team
Dawn Hendrick, Rachal Edwards, and Mike Staroscik
Below are the dates for the laptop distribution:
- Wednesday, 8/19: any time between 8:30-3:30
- Any student in grades 5th and 6th. If there is a younger sibling, the sibling(s) should come to pick up their laptop as well.
- Thursday, 8/20: any time between 8:30-12:00
- Students in grades K-4 whose last name begins with a letter between I-Z. Siblings may come to pick up their laptop as well.
- Friday, 8/21: any time between 8:30-3:30
- Students in grades K-4 whose last name begins with a letter between A-H.
- There will be a separate time for PreK/PAC students to pick up a laptop. That date and time will be shared soon.
Directions for picking up the laptop/mifi device:
- Drive into the north parking lot (Kiss & Ride line).
- You will be entering and exiting Door 4 (the gym doors).
- A staff member will provide you further direction once you arrive.
- Bring your child(ren) with you so that we can ensure that they can log into the computer.
- Everyone must social distance and wear a mask.
If you have questions, please call the Rose Hill office at 703-313-4200.
On August 28th, students will have the opportunity to meet their teachers and their classmates virtually. Be on the lookout in your child's fcpsschools.net Gmail account for their Blackboard Collaborate Classroom link.
See the times to meet teachers below.
|9:00 a.m.||Ms. Mai's Class|
|9:30 a.m.||6th Grade & Ms. Johnson's Class|
|10:00 a.m.||5th Grade|
|10:30 a.m.||4th Grade|
|11:00 a.m.||3rd Grade & Ms. Swenson's Class|
|11:30 a.m.||2nd Grade|
|1:00 p.m.||1st Grade|
Teacher will be calling their students to introduce themselves and give them more information for our Virtual Meet and Greet.
Below you will find the forms you will need to start the new school year. Please complete all of the required forms by Thursday, October 1, 2020. You can find the link to the forms here.